"Signature" Leather Tote, Brown
Designed and handmade in Detroit by US veterans and community makers using premium leather reclaimed from the Detroit auto industry.
- Leather body with black leather straps, base, and accents
- Genuine leather sourced from the Detroit auto industry
- UCAN luxury brass zipper closure with leather accent pull tab
- 1/2” brass grommet eyelets designed for quick access to accessories or a cross body strap(now included)
- Protective metal bottom feet
- 100% designed and made in Detroit
- Bag dimensions (18"W x 5.5"D x 14"L), designed to fit all carry-on guidelines
- Leather laptop pouch (17"W x 2"D x 10"L), holds up to a 13” laptop or tablet
- Two deep leather interior pockets (7"W x 5"D x 10"L), each with a snap closure
- Soft flat leather handles with stitching accent; 9" drop
The Leather Story:
Every day thousands of pounds of leather from brand new cars go unused for reasons as simple as color issues and small marks. We give this material a new life by transforming it into high quality leather products that are sustainable and handmade to last.
Every Pingree Tote is slightly different. Why? The leather that we use is of the highest genuine grade and has imperfections that tell an authentic story of the animal it came from. Small bumps and marks on the leather's surface are normal. Each piece has character and purpose. Just like the people who make it.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Q: When will my order ship?
A: Since all of our products are made by hand, we try our hardest to ensure orders ship quickly. Most accessories ship within 3-5 business days of the order being placed. Footwear will ship based on the month included in the invoice.
Q: What kind of leather is used in Pingree Detroit products?
A: We use only the finest Nappa leather in all of our products, which we source from the Detroit auto industry.
Pingree Detroit footwear is currently only available standard widths.
Pingree Detroit footwear is "true to size", meaning that they are based on the sizes of athletic footwear, like tennis shoes. Order the size that you would normally use for athletic footwear.
Don't see your size? Contact us! We may be able to produce an irregular size and will be able to answer any questions you may have.
If you have questions, or would like to participate in a fitting session lead by someone on our team, contact us at: Team@PingreeDetroit and we'd be more than happy to answer whatever questions you have about sizing