Pingree Detroit Assembly Line Operator
Pingree Mfg L3C
Pingree Assembly Line Operator
Reports to: Assembly Line Supervisor and Quality Control Engineer
Pingree Mfg L3C (Pingree Detroit) is a worker-owned manufacturing company founded in January 2015 and is based in Detroit, Mi. We are hiring assembly line operators in Detroit, comprised primarily of US veterans, operating equipment and doing hand assembly of components, to produce simple, quality, high volume leather products for our new corporate division.
The Assembly Line Operator will be someone who is willing to show up to every shift on time, be rested and mentally and physically ready to work for the entire 8-9 hour shift, and can stay focused and motivated in a fast paced, high volume production environment comprised of primarily repetitive tasks. The ideal candidate will also be results driven during their shift, has attention to detail, works well with structure, and does their best work on a team. This company aims to maximize well-being for our customers, workers, neighborhood, and environment and are looking for makers who want to serve this mission.
We are hiring for B and C crew hours:
B Crew hours - Wednesday to Friday 4:00pm-12:00am
C Crew hours - Monday, Tuesday, 4:00p-1200am and Saturday 9:00am-500pm
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be on time at the workstation
- Using uniform given by the company, taking care of it and keeping it clean. Also using the individual safety equipment provided by the company according to the workstation
- Applying the Standardized Work and respect all operating instructions at workstation; Carrying out assembly for the specific workstation(s) with the required quality and according to the production standards within cycle
- Improving effectiveness by working with line supervisor to determine how to maximize performance and well being during your shift
- Being part of the emergency team of the shift
- Attending daily meetings
- Taking part in the improvement process
- Training of new assembly workers upon request
- Following local health & safety regulations
- Reading actual information on the different boards
- Responsible for ensuring product quality
- Communication of all problems with product or workstation to the Quality Control Engineer or Supervisor
- Applying quality control standards, keeping the workstation clean and tidy, being responsible for the tools and installations at the workstation
- Being available to cover possible absences by request from the Supervisor
- Mission first attitude
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to non-toxic fumes, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Repetitive tasks are common over 2-3 hours periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time 2nd shift position with the possibility to move into a full-time role during or after 30 days. Hours of work range from Monday through Saturday, 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., 20-40 hours per week. Hours and days worked will vary as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
High School Diploma.
Assembly line or manufacturing experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position.
Note: Pingree Mfg. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) with a strong commitment to a diverse workforce. We celebrate all abilities, beliefs, and backgrounds. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture, competitive compensation, fun work environment, and mission 1st attitude that focuses on developing each of our employees to be the best version of themselves. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We want our employees to come to work knowing they have a great support structure behind them. That’s why Pingree Mfg has developed a competitive total rewards program for employees that promotes personal health, assists employees in maintaining a healthy balance between work and life and meets the diverse personal and professional needs of Pingree Mfg employees and their families. Benefits include:
- Eligible for profit sharing after 1 year
- Performance bonuses
- Eligible for equity ownership stake in the company after the first 12 months of employment
- Opportunity to be promoted to the accessories or footwear divisions of Pingree Detroit
- Service opportunities
- Competitive wages and high earning potential
- Employee discounts and wellness programs
Pingree Mfg offers an entirely unique work experience where every employee plays a part in contributing to the improvement of our neighborhood and maximizing well being for the worker, customer, and our environment. We’re constantly on the lookout for individuals who share our beliefs -- motivated, mission driven individuals who can lead by example and inspire others to be their best version.
Interested applicants may email their resume and cover letter to Work@PingreeDetroit.com with the Subject Line: “Operator Position Application” and must also complete the following Application (Click Here). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.