Pingree Detroit Sales Representative
Pingree Mfg L3C
Pingree Detroit Sales Representative
Pay: $11/hr + Commission
Date: Starting Immediately
Pingree Mfg L3C (Pingree Detroit) is a worker-owned design and sustainable manufacturing house based in Detroit founded in January 2015. Veterans and Detroiters on our team hand-craft sustainable, unique pieces made with upcycled leather from the Detroit auto industry including the first sneakers ever made in Detroit. We are hiring a passionate, hard working sales representative to represent our emerging brand during our weekly summer pop-up events across Metro Detroit and support our team of makers by selling the pieces we craft and generating enthusiasm and participation with our brand.
Our sales representative will be someone who can bring their enthusiastic energy and creative drive to join our small team of 9 veterans and Detroiters to tell our story to new audiences at Eastern Market and other pop-up locations and sell the products we make to sustain our team’s success. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, an approachable attitude, is extremely passionate about our mission and wants to be part of our effort to put people and sustainability first. You must be reliable, on time and motivated in a fast paced environment. This company aims to maximize well-being for our customers, workers, neighborhood, and environment and are looking for employees who want to be part of our impact story.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be on time and able to pick up, load merchandise, set up, maintain and breakdown each event while adhering visual standards per Pingree Detroit’s specification
- Your own transportation is required
- Be alert, approachable and ready to present, promote and sell products
- Maintain proficient knowledge of all Pingree Detroit’s products, brand and mission
- Ability to deliver presentations tailored to the customers needs
- Supply management with reports on sales, customer needs and potential leads.
- Meet sales goals on personal and company basis
- Record inventory, count cash bank before and after each event
- Maintain professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
- Build relationships with customers and your community
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Basic math skills required; ability to use a calculator and Shopify app.
- Responsible for taking care of products. Bring back in the same condition as you received them.
- Flexible availability
- Attending weekly meetings
- Mission first attitude
- Communication skills
Fast paced, fun and enjoyable. Depending on the locations, some events are larger than others. Mostly, surrounded by eager customers wanting to learn about our brand and see our products in person. Markets are usually crowded as hundreds of vendors and thousands of people are present. The noise level in this work environment is usually not an issue but sites can tend to get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift tables and/or move up to 10-30 pounds in tent weights and merchandise. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with the possibility to move into a full-time role. Hours of work range typically on Saturdays, 7am to 5pm, Sundays 8am-5pm and events scheduled throughout the summer. 10-20 hours per week. Hours and days worked will vary as job duties demand.
Travel is only required to and from workshop to event space. Drivers license and vehicle required. Mileage reimbursed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Retail/Sales experience preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Note: Pingree Mfg. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) with a strong commitment to a diverse workforce. We celebrate all abilities, beliefs, and backgrounds. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture, competitive compensation, fun work environment, and mission 1st attitude that focuses on developing each of our employees to be the best version of themselves. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We want our employees to come to work knowing they have a great support structure behind them. That’s why Pingree Mfg has developed a competitive total rewards program for employees that promotes personal health, assists employees in maintaining a healthy balance between work and life and meets the diverse personal and professional needs of Pingree Mfg employees and their families. Benefits include:
- Eligible for profit sharing after 1 year of full-time employement
- Performance bonuses
- Eligible for equity ownership stake in the company after the first 12 months of employment
- Opportunity to be promoted to the sales and marketing team at Pingree Detroit
- Service opportunities
- Competitive wages and high earning potential
- Employee discounts and wellness programs
Pingree Mfg offers an entirely unique work experience where every employee plays a part in contributing to the improvement of our neighborhood and maximizing well being for the worker, customer, and our environment. We’re constantly on the lookout for individuals who share our beliefs -- motivated, mission driven individuals who can lead by example and inspire others to be their best version.
Interested applicants may email their resume and cover letter to Work@PingreeDetroit.com with the Subject Line: “Sales Representative Application” and must also complete the following Application(Click Here). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.