Pingree Detroit Employment Opportunities - 2022
Pingree Detroit is Hiring for the following positions
- Sales & Marketing Fellow: Job Description & how to apply are below:
Sales and Marketing Paid Fellowship
Are you great at talking to strangers and being out of your comfort zone? Want to advance your marketing and sales skills with 1-on-1 mentoring from our Co-founder while being part of our impact and success? Apply to be Pingree Detroit's 2022 Summer sales and marketing fellow.
Apply to be Pingree’s 2022 Summer sales and marketing fellow below.
Pay: Hourly + Sales commission + National network relationships + Pingree swag + Mentorship
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer & Co-founder @Jarret_Pingree
Pingree Mfg L3C (Pingree Detroit) - founded in 2015, is a worker-owned design and sustainable manufacturing cooperative based in Detroit. Veterans and Detroiters on our team hand-craft sustainable, unique pieces made with upcycled leather and seat belts from the Detroit auto industry including the first sneakers ever made in Detroit and our new Junkyard Dog Collection recently featured on ABC World News Tonight. We are hiring a passionate, hard working sales and marketing fellow to learn and grow alongside us while staffing 2-3 pop-ups and activations per week/weekend.
Must be available to work the majority of Saturday and Sundays (7am-4pm) from June 4th- September 24th and have reliable transportation.
APPLY BY EMAILING YOUR RESUME AND A COVER LETTER TO Work@PingreeDetroit
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be on time and able to pick up, load merchandise, set up, maintain and breakdown each event while adhering visual standards per Pingree Detroit’s specification
- Your own transportation is required
- Be alert, approachable and ready to present, promote and sell products
- Maintain proficient knowledge of all Pingree Detroit’s products, brand and mission
- Record inventory, count cash bank before and after each event
- Maintain professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
- Build relationships with customers
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Basic math skills required; ability to use a calculator.
- Responsible for taking care of products. Bring back in the same condition as you received them.
- Flexible availability
- Attending weekly 20 min wins and goals calls with our CMO
Pingree Fellows Will Be:
Self-driven | Approachable | Mission first attitude | Passionate | Trustworthy | Clear communicator | Organized | Attentive | Persuasive | Punctual | Reliable |Enthusiastic | Creative | Eager to learn
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift tables and/or move up to 10-30 pounds in tent weights and merchandise. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is only required to and from workshop to event space. Drivers license and vehicle required. Mileage reimbursed at .59 cents/mile.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Retail/Sales experience preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
Note: Pingree Mfg. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) with a strong commitment to a diverse workforce. We celebrate all abilities, beliefs, and backgrounds. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture, competitive compensation, fun work environment, and mission 1st attitude that focuses on developing each of our employees to be the best version of themselves. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Interested applicants may email their resume and cover letter to Work@PingreeDetroit.com with the Subject Line: “Sales & Marketing Fellow Application” and must also complete the following Application(Click Here). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.