Kercheval Hemp/Organic Cotton Fleece Slouchy Beanie
Want a warm, cozy, Detroit-made hat for this fall and winter that tells an impact story? We've got your head covered with our Kercheval hand-sewn organic cotton/hemp blend fleece beanie.
- 100% designed and made in Detroit
- 50/50 blend of Hemp and Organic cotton for a soft and cozy warm hat
- No synthetics mean you're making your body and the earth happy
- Logo embossed on upcycled bridle leather from Shinola
- One size fits all
- Made with nearly zero waste
- 77% of profits are shared with the Veterans and Detroiters on our team
- Only 10 hats made in each color and available in 2023
Hand wash warm or machine wash on delicate
Do not bleach
Let air dry - do not put in the dryer
Do not iron
Do not dry
Why the Name Kercheval?
We named this hat as a part of the Kercheval accessories collection to pay tribute to a number of members of Kercheval family who made a positive impact on those living in Detroit. Benjamin Kercheval (1793-1855), was an officer in the War of 1812. His daughter, Mary Kercheval, married Moses W. Field, who operated the Detroit Glass Works and the Detroit Hoop Manufacturing company. In tandem with her husband, they were instrumental in establishing the Michigan State Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, and helped create state laws relating to the humane treatment of animals. They helped establish an art museum in Detroit, and pushed to establish public drinking fountains in Detroit in 1871.
So bring a piece of impact and history wherever you go, with the Kercheval hat by Pingree Detroit.